LinkedIn is key to growing your customer base, especially in today’s digital age. There’s more than one way to build relationships with customers, and there’s a right strategy for it too.
- Building relationships on LinkedIn should be strategic, not casual, and B2B sales professionals should use the right tools at the right time to connect with potential clients, prospects, and colleagues.
- Being genuine and authentic is important when building relationships on LinkedIn, and B2B professionals should aim to be helpful without being too helpful.
- Joining and actively participating in LinkedIn Groups, offering personalized video messages, and hosting virtual events are three uncommon ways to build relationships with potential clients on LinkedIn.
If you’re reading this, chances are you’re no stranger to LinkedIn – the social network for professionals who are not just interested in sharing photos of their breakfast but in expanding their business networks. In this article, we’ll be discussing the fine art of building relationships on LinkedIn, because let’s face it, in the B2B world, it’s not just what you know, it’s who you know (and who knows you!).
What’s the benefit of using LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a great place to build relationships, find customers and share content.
- Build relationships: LinkedIn is a great place for you to connect with people who can help you grow your business. You can find potential clients and collaborators through connections, groups and events on the platform.
- Find new customers: If you’re looking for new clients or customers, LinkedIn is a good place to start because it has so many users (more than 600 million). This gives you access to more potential leads than any other social media platform out there today!
- Share content: If you want people in your target audience (the kind of people who are likely be interested in what you have) then sharing content on LinkedIn will allow them access that information directly from their newsfeeds rather than having them hunt down where it was originally posted by searching Google or Bing for related keywords.
How can I build relationships on LinkedIn in my B2B business?
Building relationships on LinkedIn is a key tool for B2B sales.
It’s important to understand that your relationship building process should be strategic, and not just casual. You want to be able to use the right tools at the right time in order to build relationships with potential customers, prospects and colleagues alike.
Here are some tips for building relationships on LinkedIn:
- Be genuine and authentic. It’s important to be yourself when you’re on LinkedIn, so don’t try to fake it or create a persona that isn’t true to who you are in real life. The people who know you in person will recognize it if they see any difference between the person they know and the one on your profile page!
- Be helpful (but not too helpful). It’s great when someone reaches out with questions or asks for advice, but there’s also nothing wrong with offering information without being asked–especially if it’s something useful for other people as well! Try sharing content from industry leaders or relevant articles about topics related to both your business and theirs; this will help establish trust with potential clients/partners at first glance since these articles were chosen by someone else who has similar interests (and therefore likely understands their needs). If possible try including links directly into emails sent directly from their website instead of sending attachments because sometimes attachments get lost along way due their size limits set by various email providers across various platforms like Gmail versus Outlook 365 etcetera… no matter how much storage space there may seem available within each account limit restrictions still apply.”
Uncommon ways you can build relationships on LinkedIn
It’s important to build relationships with potential customers. You may have heard that before, but it bears repeating. To succeed in business today, you must be able to develop and maintain relationships with people who can help you reach your goals.
Here are three uncommon ways for B2B marketing and sales professionals to build relationships with potential clients on LinkedIn:
- Utilize LinkedIn Groups: Joining and actively participating in LinkedIn Groups related to your industry or niche can help you connect with potential clients who are also members of those groups. Share valuable insights and engage in discussions to establish yourself as a thought leader and build relationships with group members.
- Offer personalized video messages: Instead of sending a generic message or connection request, try sending a personalized video message to potential clients on LinkedIn. This can help you stand out and show that you are genuinely interested in building a relationship with them.
- Host a virtual event: With the shift to virtual events, hosting a webinar or virtual event can be a great way to connect with potential clients on LinkedIn. Promote your event on LinkedIn and invite your connections to attend. This can help you establish yourself as an expert in your field and build relationships with attendees.
LinkedIn is an excellent tool for building relationships in your B2B business. If you’re not using it yet, we hope this post has given you some ideas about how to get started. Remember that the key is to be genuine and authentic–and don’t forget that people will always prefer doing business with people they trust!
Try out LinkedProspect for your lead generation funnel! Automate your cold messaging on LinkedIn and connect with quality leads in half the time. Sign up for our free trial!